Sunday, April 4, 2010

Christ is Risen ! Truly He is Risen !

We had a very beautiful day spent with our family and friends.  We attended the Anastasi (Resurrection) service last night, followed by the Divine Liturgy.  The beginning was rough for the kids, being we actually had to wake them up to leave. (the service starts at 11 p.m. and we didn't get home until 3:30 a.m.)   They were pretty tired (exhibit A:  Sophia holding her candle after receiving the Light)


I am so thankful that my koumbara was there with me to help because it was a long night for the kids.  (My sweet husband serves in the Altar so my hands are usually quite full)!  After the services, we shared some fellowship in the hall with the traditional margheritsa soup.  Toward the end of the night, the kids were actually looking a little more perky !  (or maybe they were just getting slap-happy) !  





Today, our family and friends came to join us for Easter dinner.  Since we were hosting, we didn't take many (any) pictures since we were pretty busy !  (well, I did get ONE picture of my sister stuffing her face with pastisio but I'm quite certain that she would not be very pleased if I posted it here) !  

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Pascha, Happy Easter and Blessed Resurrection !  





1 comment:

  1. Indeed He is Risen!

    What cute photos of your kiddos :) I love the hand on the hip!

    ReplyDelete