Sunday, August 15, 2010

Surprise !!!

YES !  We did it...gave my mother-in-law a lovely surprise after her rough week !  Glory to God for all things - the timing was just perfect. She had just gotten home from a busy day at work and was putting in a load of laundry when she saw the face of her son through the window!  Her grandchildren haven't left her side since we arrived and I think it is finally sinking in that we are REALLY here !  

We celebrated the Feast of the Dormition this morning at the quaint church of St. George and are enjoying a beautiful afternoon together - soaking in the beautiful Berkshire weather  (a wonderful change from the oppressive heat). 

I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures and videos in upcoming posts.  I got an awesome FLIP video camera from my parents for my birthday the day before we left...it is SURE to catch plenty of fun times!  

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm glad it all worked out. Have a great time (and enjoy the respite from the heat)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late in commenting, but that sounds wonderful! I know how delighted by parents would be :) Looking forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete