Monday, December 5, 2011

Mother's Daybook Entry (modified)


Outside my window

My windows are open as I prepare the house for sleep...it really is a beautiful night, I have no complaints.  Earlier today, I WAS complaining that it was too warm to be December weather - so I do hope the days cool back down the way they were a week ago !  

I am thankful

For all of my family and friends who supported me on my quest to run my first half marathon !  I did it - full race report to follow !  
From the kitchen

We are smack in the middle of the Nativity Fast - so there is nothing extravagant going on in the kitchen right now.  I will say that breakfast is sometimes a challenge for my husband, since he often has to be able to eat something that can be eaten on the go and that does not really require any preparation. So during the Fasts, I usually try to prepare some kind of breakfast bar, smoothie, or muffin that he can take.  The problem is that the muffins I make in the typical cupcake pan are not filling enough and he takes about 4 of them !  I decided to go to Michael's armed with a 50% off coupon and get a larger muffin pan.  They had two big choices - KING and JUMBO.  I went with the biggest !  


Needless to say, these are gigantic !  They are MORE than a meal...they are more like a mini-cake !  I DARE him to say these did not fill him up.  I didn't even have anything to store them in so I had to use my soup containers that I use when I make broth !  One for each muffin !  I have to admit that I went back to the store and bought the jumbo size yesterday....I think they might work out a little better !  I just thought I would share a bit of kitchen  humor !!! 

I am thinking

I am eagerly awaiting this upcoming weekend when I will be so blessed to baptize a little boy, Gabriel !  What an honor.  I cannot wait for this weekend...post to follow (with pics of course) !  
I am wearing

BOOTS !  I am wearing boots !  I don't actually NEED to be wearing boots, but I am.  I am wearing them because it is December and one should not be wearing flip-flops or sandals in December.  I just can't bring myself to do it anymore.  I decided I could forego the tights right now, but the boots have come out of the storage boxes !  

We are creating

The kids are always busy creating something.  Although I am truly the least crafty woman I know, I can google with the best of them !  I may not come up with the good ideas, but I can certainly follow directions !  The kids wanted to make a craft to bring to Yiayia and Popou's house for Thanksgiving, so we made these place card settings.  





A few plans for the rest of the week

Tomorrow we celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas.  My children and I will attend Church services and then we are going to continue to make it a special day.  We plan to meet some friends and go to the Children's Museum !  It will be our first time there and we are really excited !  Of course, there are a lot of special activities going on right now during the Christmas season - so we are busy every single day !  As a matter of fact, sometimes we are so busy we fall asleep in the weirdest of places !  


on my iPod

Well, that thing went DEAD at the 10 mile mark of a 13.1 mile race....I was NOT a happy camper.  I am quite sure I charged it fully...you would think it would last 2 hours !  (hmm, perhaps I could justify a few minutes off of my final time if it had kept working)!  

Beauty in the home/Around the house

The home is decorated for Christmas. We put our tree and decorations up the day after Thanksgiving. The kids were so excited !  Usually we wait to decorate a little later in the season because with toddlers it can be a disaster...BUT we took a chance now that Demetri is 3 and so far he has only destroyed one ornament ! 

Sophia
My little girl is really enjoying school.  She loves her gymnastics.  She can't wait for Church every week.  She wishes she had Greek dance every night.  She is just really loving and enjoying life right now and that makes for a very happy Mama !  Of course, she is five.  We have our arguments about clothes, hair, ice cream, cleaning her room. She whines, never wants to sleep, throws her clothes all over the floor constantly.  But to me, she is the BEST little girl in the world and I cannot imagine even a MINUTE without her in my life !  I just look at her smile and she lights up my whole day !  I am so thankful for the little Blessing that I am honored to call my daughter !  


Demetrios

I have a 3 year old who loves to watch the sun come up.  Literally.  He gets excited when he wakes up and it is still dark out because he anticipates the sun coming up.  He asks "is it morning yet"?  And if I tell him it is not, he will go back to sleep.  If I tell him "it is, but it is very early"....he asks me to open the blinds and watch the sun !  I love that.  I love that he even notices !  
He still loves riding his bike(s).  He now has two. He has his balance bike which Yiayia and Popou gave him last year for his birthday.  He also has a new "pedal bike" (as he calls it) which they got him this year.  He didn't actually NEED a new bike really, but they thought he was jealous that his big sister had a bike like that now.  He loves to ride the pedal bike in the street, the driveway etc.  BUT when it comes to all terrain riding, going up the bumpy hills in the yard, splashing through puddles - he still grabs his balance bike and off he goes !  He is my little adventurous one !  It is so much fun to watch him.  




(as a side note:  I don't know why my pictures are not uploading correctly to the blog.  Most of them have a weird hue, or lines going through them.  If anyone knows why this is, or how to fix it...feel free to leave me a note).  






No comments:

Post a Comment