Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our sick little Monkey!

As I said in a previous post, our little girl turned 3 this past weekend!  Unfortunately, she also woke up sick the day of her party.  She was still quite a trooper and put on her best for most of the day.  It also rained for majority of the day, so many of our party plans were "squashed".  Despite being crammed in our little house, I think everyone had a pretty decent time.
I did indeed attempt to make the "monkey" cake that my DD requested.  I am not much of a baker, per se...but I said some intecessory prayers to St. Euphrosynos and gave it my best shot.
At first peek, it appears I used WAY too much cake to fill the pan! I decide to press on and cut the top off to continue baking.  I'm thrilled that this works.  When I take the cake out and flip it (a new endeavor for me in and of itself), it is revealed to me that this cake does not actually LOOK like a monkey when it comes out of the pan....and that I have a lot of work to do.  

It is my first time using one of these cake decorator things and it takes me a while to get the hang of it.  But eventually, at the midnight hour, our little monkey birthday cake is done!   

As for our own little monkey....she was looking a bit worn out by the time it came time for cake! 






1 comment:

  1. How cute! I have a soft spot for "little monkeys". The cake turned out great. I hope your little monkey is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete