Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dorofy and Dorofy

The box arrived and my little girl was SO excited, the way she normally is when her Noni sends her "presents"!  So, we sat down after lunch and started opening all of her new treasures.  She got excited with each thing she pulled out....cute skorts, new skirt, shirts to match, sweets...and THERE IT WAS!  I thought to myself "well, my mother-in-law has FINALLY managed to send a bad gift"!  I've never had to deal with this before. All of her gifts are always wonderful, fun, thoughtful...perfect, most of the time.  Except for now.  I see a fishbowl.....gravel.....and I'm pulling out the tissue paper.  I see a Petsmart receipt.  Yup, this must be the voucher that I go and pick up her first goldfish. Wonderful.  Toddler + Infant + Goldfish.  You are seeing where this could end, right?
Well, we'd like you to meet "Dorofy and Dorfy" (Dorothy and Dorothy...my little girl couldn't think of 2 names right away, so I think they both got named after Elmo's fish, Dorothy).



My mother-in-law had quite a laugh when I told her what I was thinking while opening her package.  However, I will also add this:  A few days later, our little angel took Dorofy out of the bowl to wash her with papertowels...put her back (still covered in wet papertowels) and proceeded to feed them Cheerios in their bowl!

3 comments:

  1. That is great! I love the cheerios. We had African Dwarf Frogs, which stay under water 100% of the time, and my kids have managed to over feed them many times... although not with cheerios :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glass fish! Did you find this whole set at petsmart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I asked my mother-in-law this morning...she said she got everything at Petsmart EXCEPT the glass fish. The fish were something she had at her home, somebody had given them to her years ago - and she had no idea what to do with them! She had the great idea of making it into a gift for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete