Monday, October 12, 2009

My Slinging Little Girl

Our little girl has started showing more of an interest in playing with her dolls lately.  She feeds them, reads them stories, blesses them with the Sign of the Cross, dresses them...and she even wears them.  She spent much of her little life in a sling, mei tai or wrap - so it seems normal that she would want to wear her own babies too.  Pictured below she is using a sling and a mei tai that her Yiayia made for  her!    Nonetheless, I still find it endearing to see that she is mimicking what she sees me now do with her little brother.  She is really at that fun age of playing make-believe, role-playing, "cooking" for me, playing dollhouse, etc.  I love to watch her play this way.






3 comments:

  1. Those photos are so sweet! How old is your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. She just turned 3 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and am enjoying your posts. It is so much fun to watch how our children learn beside us. My daughter does the same thing with the wrap. I love the photo of Sophia comforting her doll as she reads her a story. Precious!

    ReplyDelete