Sunday, November 8, 2009

Learning to "create" and "pretend"...

I'm not quite sure what I expected.  I think I had somewhat of a vision of my children, neatly sitting at the table and coloring (NOT eating the crayons, tracing her hand on the closet doors or the table that I painstakingly stained for her room).   I thought she would understand that when you paint with the watercolor paints, the cup of water that I gave to her was to rinse the brushes - NOT WASH THE PAPER!   I had no idea that I was supposed to specify that the three different containers/colors of playdough were SUPPOSED to remain three different colors - not end up as three containers of a putrid purplish color blob !

First time Mama - with a lot to learn!

Well, after boxes of crayons (too many to count), tons of water spills and a decision that she could do WITHOUT playdough...our little artist is learning and emerging!  She has shown such an interest in such things now, that I've had to actually start a little supply cabinet !  It's filling up quickly with all things "Arts and Crafts"!  We also bought her a great easel from Ikea for her Nameday gift this year.  I have to admit, I think it is such an awesome thing to watch.  Just watching both of my children grow and learn is something that I never envisioned as being THIS MUCH FUN!  I love doing things with them, teaching her a little bit of something - and then watching her take that and do her own thing.  Come up with new ideas, play make-believe, tell stories, role play, build things...it's all such a wonder to me.  To think....this is just the beginning of the fun!  Motherhood is such a Blessing!  


Our little artist 


Showing off her new finger puppets!  


We started fingerpainting by using Color Wonder paints by Crayola! 


Even Demetri enjoys scribbling on the easel !  He does, however, still eat the chalk if you aren't looking!

2 comments:

  1. Love the last photo and caption :) I started a craft closet in our new house. I love it! It is stocked with all sorts of things I've collected over the years. I save paper towels rolls and egg cartons for crafts as well. It is amazing the fun things you can make out of stuff you would normally throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those kids! I wish I could remember my kids being this small,lol. I think I was just so overwhelmed with 2 little ones so close in age, that I blocked it, lol. I LOVE toddlers! There are so full of joy! All they want to do is laugh and make mommy and daddy happy! I always had a craft box too.

    ReplyDelete