Saturday, January 1, 2011

Finally catching up...

Christmas Eve


Christmas has come and gone and I have not had (or haven't FOUND) a minute to sit down and type an entry !  That's a good thing though...we've been very busy here and enjoying lots of family time.

a little fun family football...Demetri is the one-man defensive line




I'm sure that with young children every year Christmas will be a little different.  This year, it was wonderful for me to see Sophia beginning to really grasp the understanding of Christmas - as the Birth of Christ.   I loved hearing her tell people about St. Nicholas.  I chuckled every time Demetri would randomly say to someone "Jesus is born".  It is a struggle to keep a 4 year old focused on the true meaning of the Feast when she is surrounded by flying reindeer, santa decorations, and talking snowmen !  Last year, I found it much easier.  This year, I was almost feeling a bit defeated when a dear friend of mine called me (at just the right time) to give me some hope that it gets easier !  That my struggle to teach her will overcome all of the propaganda out there if I stay the course.  I am so thankful for that mom-to-mom conversation.  (Thank you Presvytera)!  I felt stronger and renewed.  So, this year was a fun time for me !  We enjoyed the Church services and spent some fun-filled days with my family to celebrate.  By the time the Feast for St. Stefanos came around, we were EXHAUSTED, tired of overeating and the house was a wreck ! !

....and then Sophia asks "What's next?"

Today we celebrated the Feast of St. Basil and celebrated my sweet husbands nameday !  Of course, we also rang in the New Year and pray that this year is filled with many Blessings !
Sophia and Baba walking into Church on the Feast of Ayios Vasilios

....and of course tomorrow Sophia will ask me "What's next?"

(maybe I should make tomorrow the Official "Move all of your new toys out of the living room and  into YOUR OWN ROOM day" !)
Playing with her new kitchen set

2 comments:

  1. "What's next?" isn't too hard after Christmas. There's the new year with the blessing of the water, and the feast of Theophany and then the feast of St. John the Baptist. (We'll be in Tarpon and Tampa; maybe we'll see you?)

    What a great kitchen set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before bed, my oldest always asks me what we are doing tomorrow. Some days I have absolutely nothing to tell him. :) I hope you were able to get everything put away. That took me about a week to do, but it got done, thankfully!

    Your Christmas sounded wonderful. The weather looks incredible. We had a white Christmas here :) It was the first we've had in a very long time. I don't think we've ever had one since moving here seven years ago.

    ReplyDelete